Questions or concerns? Please contact Becky Versluys: 815.756.7930 x 166 email@example.com
Safe Passage’s comprehensive internship program is designed to cover vital aspects of a domestic violence and sexual assault agency including crisis intervention, survivor support, and medical advocacy. An intern will gain firsthand experience providing direct client service in a fast-paced nonprofit. This is an unpaid internship.
Interested in learning the job duties of an intern? Click here!
***We are currently at full capacity in our Master’s level internship program.
- Crisis Advocate – Most needed shifts are Monday, Wednesday and the weekends. Interact and assist clients at the shelter. Assist with non-client related tasks, such as: organizing donations, stocking snacks, grocery shopping, administrative duties, etc.
- Medical On-Call Advocate – Must be available to commit to 3 shifts a month. Each on-call shift is 24 hours. You will provide emotional support at Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital, Valley West Hospital and police departments in DeKalb County.
To become a Safe Passage Intern, you must:
- Care about the welfare of domestic violence and sexual assault victims
- Be able to complete a 2 semester commitment and provide 20 hours weekly on site
- Fill out our application
- Pass a background check
- Complete our Crisis Intervention Training