Join us at our upcoming events!
Identifying, Investigating, & Prosecuting Domestic Violence Strangulation Cases
October 25th, 8:30 AM Registration, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Training DeKalb’s Community Outreach Building (2500 N. Annie Glidden Rd. DeKalb)
Who should attend? Judges, prosecutors, attorneys, paramedics, EMTs, Medical Providers, Psychologists, MFTs, LCSWs, Advocates
Gael Strack, leading specialized expert in the identification, investigation, and documentation of strangulation in intimate partner violence cases, will cover the following:
- Use of experts in court
- Resources and handouts developed by the Institute
- Tools and Resources for Advocates
- Legal aspects of strangulation cases with surviving victims
- Investigating and documenting a Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Strangulation case
- Anatomy and medical aspects in surviving and non-surviving victims
- Identifying the signs and symptoms of strangulation cases
- Understanding the lethality of strangulation
- Findings from a study of 300 misdemeanor strangulation cases
To register for this event, please contact Lori Tully (email@example.com) by Monday October 22nd.
The Dangers of Strangulation, Public Forum
October 25th, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
DeKalb’s Community Outreach Building (2500 N. Annie Glidden Rd. DeKalb)
Join us for a discussion with impressive expert, Gael Strack, the signs of strangulation and how our community can be a leader in strangulation response.