It is the mission of Safe Passage to reduce or prevent domestic violence and sexual assault in DeKalb County. This will be accomplished in the following ways:
- providing immediate safety, supportive services and transitional assistance to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- providing responsible, appropriate, and effective services to perpetrators of violence;
- promoting community awareness of the causes and effects of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- effecting changes in the laws and practices that perpetuate domestic violence and sexual assault.
News and Events
Save the Date!
Sexual Assault Awareness Month & Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month
As the county's only Rape Crisis Center and domestic violence shelter, we are participating in the following events to bring community awareness to these issue:
- Beginning April 1st, help us spread the word by placing an 'END CHILD ABUSE' sign where it will be seen by many. Signs are $20 a piece and can be purchased from Safe Passage. Call 815-756-5228 for more information.
- Safe Passage will join Family Service Agency to support their Hands Around the Courthouse Event. It will be held at noon on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at the DeKalb County Courthouse, 133 W. State Street in Sycamore. Please arrive 15 minutes early to pass through security. We hope you will join us.
- Safe Passage invites you to "Take Back The Night" and make a stand against sexual violence in our community. We will begin with a brief rally at 615 N. First St. and march to downtown DeKalb. Following the march, there will be a Survivor Speak-out.
Downtown March: 7pm-8pm Survivor Speak-out: 8pm-9pm
POKANOKA'S RUN/WALK FUNDRAISER AT SHABBONA LAKE STATE PARK
To Benefit Safe Passage
Pokanoka's Café is pleased to announce that it will host its first annual Pokanoka's Run/Walk Fundraiser to benefit Safe Passage, DeKalb County's Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Agency. The event will take place on July 4th, 2013 beginning at 9am. More information can be found at www.pokanokasrun.com.
We would like to thank the following businesses for their support:
Shabbona Lake Sportsman's Club