Evening of Chocolate Fundraiser: February 9, 2013
An evening of tasty food and guilty pleasures to delight the chocolate lover in all of us. There will be chocolate, a light buffet meal, small raffle items, silent auction, and a 50/50 cash raffle.
Saturday, February 9, 2013 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at St. Mary's Activity Center (322 Waterman Street, Sycamore)
Tickets are $25 for adults and children are free. Cash
raffle tickets are $10 each.
All tickets may be purchased in advanced or at the door.
For further information or to purchase tickets, please call our
office at 815-756-7930.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month: April 2013
- Please check back for more information.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month: October 2013
- October 7, 2013: Our annual vigil will take place from 6-8pm at the DeKalb Area Women's Center; ending the night with a candlelight walk through the neighborhood.
News and Events
Save the Date!
Sexual Assault Awareness Month & Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month
As the county's only Rape Crisis Center and domestic violence shelter, we are participating in the following events to bring community awareness to these issue:
- Beginning April 1st, help us spread the word by placing an 'END CHILD ABUSE' sign where it will be seen by many. Signs are $20 a piece and can be purchased from Safe Passage. Call 815-756-5228 for more information.
- Safe Passage will join Family Service Agency to support their Hands Around the Courthouse Event. It will be held at noon on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at the DeKalb County Courthouse, 133 W. State Street in Sycamore. Please arrive 15 minutes early to pass through security. We hope you will join us.
- Safe Passage invites you to "Take Back The Night" and make a stand against sexual violence in our community. We will begin with a brief rally at 615 N. First St. and march to downtown DeKalb. Following the march, there will be a Survivor Speak-out.
Downtown March: 7pm-8pm Survivor Speak-out: 8pm-9pm
POKANOKA'S RUN/WALK FUNDRAISER AT SHABBONA LAKE STATE PARK
To Benefit Safe Passage
Pokanoka's Café is pleased to announce that it will host its first annual Pokanoka's Run/Walk Fundraiser to benefit Safe Passage, DeKalb County's Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Agency. The event will take place on July 4th, 2013 beginning at 9am. More information can be found at www.pokanokasrun.com.
We would like to thank the following businesses for their support:
Shabbona Lake Sportsman's Club